Thursday 9 October 2008

Yarn Yawn

Whoever coined the phrase "I'll be glad to see the back of that!" clearly never knitted a cardigan.

Ballofwool


It's the one thing I'm never glad to see the back of, because knitting the back of a grown-up sized cardigan is an activity so unremittingly tedious it's a wonder I ever go on to finish the rest. And this explains why there are so many WIPs in my stash. And crazy cardigans made of frightening, self-striping (but so very interesting!) yarn in my wardrobe.

Closeup 

Mile after dull, purple mile of stocking stitch. With no prospect of an exciting colour change on the next row. In fact the only. Relief. From the tedium. Of the back of this. Cardigan. Is the occasional

Dog hair 

Dog hair. Debbie Bliss Cathay. 50% cotton, 35% Viscose Microfibre, 14% Silk, 1% Dog Hair.

PS. The camera also thought this cardigan was dull so it is displaying it in three different shades for your viewing pleasure!



1 comment:

  1. Sweaters... I have never knit one, but there are many in my queue. My plan to get through the endless stockinette is to do it while watching television, listening to knitting podcasts, riding in the car, or meeting up with friends in a café. It's the way I get through knitting a sock with a boring stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.